Pay My Bill
Map to Hospital
Board of Trustees
Emergency Care Services
Laboratory & X-Ray
Medical Release Form
CASCADE MEDICAL CENTER
SUBJECT: JOB DESCRIPTION
CLINIC MANAGER - MEDICAL ASSISTANT OR LPN
SUPERVISOR: Director of Nursing
A. JOB SCOPE AND PURPOSE
To ensure high quality service to patients, physicians, and appropriate customer groups.
To be responsible, as lead management, for the development, communication and successful execution of established objectives (financial and non-financial) within Cascade Family Practice as articulated through the organizational structure and the strategic and tactical plans, as well as departmental business plans.
B. JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Meets Cascade Family Practice's Customer Services Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
2. Staffing policies and practices that ensure continuous and timely availability of clinic staff.
3. Knowledge of computers and some computer programming. Meet or exceed patient needs in a caring, efficient and cost effective manner, demonstrate honesty, and maintain complete patient confidentiality according to HIPPA regulations.
4. Process patient's through the clinic:
a. Obtain patient charts from the front desk.
b. Greet and escort patients from the clinic waiting room to the exam room.
c. Obtain patient vital signs and chart appropriately.
d. Prepare the patient for the provider visit including undressing and positioning as needed.
e. Determine and document chief complaint.
f. Review why patient is being seen, locate any records relevant to the visit (i.e. ER records, labs, XR reports, etc.) prior to the provider seeing the patient.
g. Notify the provider that the patient is ready for the visit.
h. Ensure exam room supplies are available and stocked appropriately.
i. Ensure that the provider is staying on schedule. Develop signals to use with the provider to indicate that it is time to move on.
j. Advise provider of the arrival of any ER patients and notify clinic patients of any time delays related to the need of the provider in the emergency room.
k. Choreograph the flow of the back office and use of the exam rooms.
5. Assist the provider as needed.
a. Call in prescription refills and note appropriately in patient chart.
b. Call patients with lab, XR, and EKG results as instructed.
c. Respond to patient calls and concerns.
d. Provide patient education as instructed.
e. Assist in the preparation of forms such as physician referrals.
f. Administer injections as instructed.
6. Ensure encounter form is correct and completed in a timely manner by the provider.
7. Complete all relevant paperwork required for medication assistance programs.
8. Responsible for the patient chart - ensuring a timely turnaround through the provider's desk for dictation and review.
Education: L.P.N. or Medical Assistant certification preferred.
High School Diploma required, with ability to read, write and speak English. Able to do simple mathematics.
Experience: Preferred two-year experience in a hospital, clinic, or related managerial experience.
Health: Good physical and mental health and personal hygiene.
Physical Demand: Requires frequent use of computers and movement around the clinic.
Job Requirements: Knowledge of computers and some computer programming. Meet or exceed customer needs in a caring, efficient and cost effective manner, demonstrate honesty, and maintain complete patient confidentiality according to HIPPA regulations.
D. BASIC CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
Those outlined in general hospital policy on:
1. Customer Service
3. Professional Conduct
4. Personal Conduct
Tom Reinhardt - CEO
Click Here to fill out our official online application.